LEA’s Educators Hall of Fame ceremony on November 21 had the biggest crowd in the history of the event. With over 140 guests in attendance, it was truly an inspirational celebration of public education!
The 2019 Hall of Fame Committee is proud to announce the induction of four educators into the Educators Hall of Fame:
- Dave Snipes, nominated by Courtney Spatar;
- Kim Renko, nominated by Jasmine Ball;
- Ruth Ann Spatar, nominated by Beth Martin; and
- Ed Fickel, nominated by Amy Wells.
Two Citizen for Education Award winners also were honored at the ceremony:
- Fred Snell, nominated by Hannah Anderson and Katrina Bush; and
- Steve Hubbard, nominated by Marissa Wilson and Rebecca Mohler.
Prizes were presented to these American Education Week contest winners and their teachers:
- Danielle Poling and Domanic Stivison – Kindergarten, Union Furnace Elementary, Rita Reis
- Jack Gordon and Ryder Lewis – Gr. 2, Chieftain Elementary, Renee Bartholomew
- Sophie Sater and Macie Thrapp, – Gr. 4, Chieftain Elementary, Melissa Barrell
- Haley Mullett – Gr. 8, LHMS, Jasmine Ball
- Christina Smith – Gr. 12, LHS, John Mulrooney
Congratulations to all those who were honored, and a sincere thank-you to everyone who attended the ceremony.
The LEA would like to thank John McClain, Gretchen Weber, Connor Stimmel, and the members of the Women’s Chorale Select Ensemble for providing entertainment for the ceremony.
Members of the this year’s America Education Week and Hall of Fame Committees are:
- Summer Blanchard
- Tracie Cowgill
- Lacy Cox
- Laurie Cummings
- Connie Fleming
- Brigid Hill
- Beth Martin
- Suzie Moncrief
- Sheri Nott
- Amanda Poling
- Rita Reis
- Amy Wells
Mark your calendar! Next year’s Hall of Fame ceremony is planned for November 19, 2020. Nominations for the Hall of Fame and for the Citizen for Education Award may be submitted at any time.